Sunday 10 May 2009

Busy, Busy busy!

Hi there, and what a productive week it has been here at the Fairyglade. I have been busy, busy with more crochet and trying to decide what my next project might be?

The ripple is always going to be one of my favourites I think. This is my second cushion front. I still haven't decided about the backing yet, mainly because I don't have a jumper to felt and can't seem to find one in the charity shops in the right colour. It goes without saying that it has to be a shade of pink or possibly lilac.


I have also been playing with flowers and have been asked to make some things for a church coffee morning. I have one or two ideas in the pipeline and have a germ of an idea to maybe open an online shop one day. It is hard to commit at present because I am a bit lazy sometimes and I wouldn't want to let people down. I tend to craft when I feel like it and possible deadlines always make me nervous. Then of course I have make things that people want to buy in the first place....mmm...then there is the dilemma over prices/ postage and packing etc...we shall see.

These flowers actually look rather good up against the ripple don't you think? I wasn't sure to start with as I thought it might make it a bit busy, but now I am not so sure, I rather like them. What do you think...too much or too gorgeous!?



I like the idea of adding beads and baubles to make pretty brooches.

I can also feel another garland coming on................. yippee!

Bye for now. Dev X

12 comments:

Just Be Happy said...

beautiful! beautiful!
the ripple looks lovely and the flowers are super cute too!!
:o)

Libby said...

About the online shop...my sentiments exactly (which is why I haven't started one...yet). I have a tendency to craft in moods or not to necessarily make multiples of the same item.

I love the ripple and the flower pins. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Your crocheting is wonderful! I hope I can become as good as you in time! xxxx

HerzBlatt said...

Wow...you are really very busy!!!
It looks wonderful....especially the flowers!!
I am very interesting in your next project!!
xx

Attic24 said...

Hi Dev
i thought i'd stop by to see if you'd cracked the ripples....oh and HOW!!!!!!!
FABUlouS!!!!!!
They look gorgeous, I am SO glad it worked out in the end for you...fantastic.

Re the backing...the jumper doesn't have to be felted, just use as is, either wool or cotton...if you cut it and zigzag round the edge to stop fraying it'll work fine.

I always keep my eyes open for likely cushiony-jumpers in charity shops cos they are not always there when you want them...hope you get lucky soon!

love t you
lucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A Bun Can Dance said...

Wow, Dev, you have been extremely busy! The ripple cushion cover is looking great. How about a contrasting colour for the back if you can't find pink/lilac - how about green or cream or even a gentle grey.
I'm delighted you are still considering the online shop!
Have a great week.
Denise

Julia said...

Hello lovely!

I think your crochet is divine! Im loving the colours and I think the flowers look really well against the ripples! What a fabulous idea to use beads to make little centres - I must try that idea myself sometime!!

Sending love
J xxx

(PS: Never let go of your dreams! :)

Anonymous said...

the flowers are so beautiful! I love the way you have added the beads.

...Nina Nixon... said...

Hi Dev, wow you have been busy I love all the crochet!

If you do add a flower than maybe the darker of the two as it adds a little something, but wouldn't be too obvious. See I'm Ok when it comes to giving advice - just not making my own decisions!!

Have a lovely day,

Nina x

Kim said...

Excellent crochet, as usual. I do think that crafting should be something you do as and when you feel like it, otherwise it will become a chore and that would be terrible!
Kim xx

periwinkle said...

I've just finished my 1st ripple cushion cover too - they are very addictive

gwengoods said...

wonderful ripples, and super cute flowers!