Sunday 1 May 2011

April Pictures

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all enjoying the holiday weekend as much as we are. The sun has continued to shine day after day here in our little corner of the world. Everything is looking lush and green now and as much as the sunshine is welcome, we really sould do with a little drop or two of rain, preferably at night so that all the plants and trees can have a bit of a drink.



















Anyhow, I stumbled upon this lovely blog recently, having seen it mentioned on various others. Kathy has had the brilliant idea of a monthly picture scavenger hunt. Join in if you can, it makes you look at things in a completely new light and I have kicked myself several times this month for not having my camera to hand! In particular, as mentioned above, one of the headings was April showers. We had one day of rain at the beginning of the month which had stopped by the time I got home from work. Needless to say, we haven't had a wet day since! So that's a fail. However, I did manage most of the others....so here goes.....


Breakfast, not very exciting I'm afraid!




My Camera a Sony Cyber-shot 7.2 mega pixels........


A set of keys.... again not very exciting in my case!


A cross...I happened to be driving past a small chemist shop and saw this on the wall outside.




A church.... St Mary's at Chilham a truly beautiful, peaceful place.


Eggs, laid by my girls, Hanniah and Mabel! Sorry about the picture quality.



Something yellow.....Littlest Fairy's deck chair which has seen a lot of sunshine this past few weeks.






A sculpture....I think this is fabulous, entitled "Embracing the Sea". It is situated outside Deal Pier and is a bronze about 10 foot high, by Frank Seymour Kennett and made in 1998. I made an error here, the statue was paid for by a bequest of Mr Kennett. The actual sculpture was made by John Buck. Sorry for any confusion.


.



Something to mark St Geroge's Day...Hope this is okay, it was certainly very tasty and welcome on a scorching hot bank holiday!





Something to do with Shakespeare..I'm afraid this one completely stumped me. I don't even have a book by him. I could have googled an image, but thought that would be cheating. April showers, as above, we haven't had one. One other was "an interesting shop name". Now, we have a shop in a town nearby called "Obidosh". Unfortunately, due to the cost of fuel, I couldn't really justify a trip there to take a picture, so you will just have to take my word for it!



So now to start on May's selection. Pop over to Kathy's if you fancy some fun.



Bye for now. Dev x

4 comments:

...Nina Nixon... said...

Happy bank holiday weekend Dev - we really could do with some rain too.

take care,

Nina x

Pomona said...

I know all those places! And I agree with you about the rain ...


Pomona x

melanie said...

Love the floral egg cup :) xxx

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

Ooh, I love the photos, although I would need a few hints on naming them all. . .:)

I hope that you get some rain soon.

Love,

Marqueta