Saturday 27 March 2010

Douglas!

I wonder who that is hiding on my garden seat, snuggled up to one of my yummy, crochet, cushiony cushions? Could it be......Douglas by any chance? I think it just might be. Shall we wander over and say hello?




Hi Douglas, come on, don't be shy!




There, that's better isn't it?


Now, don't be silly, of course your bum doesn't look big on my cushion, whatever gave you that idea!



And neither does your nose..you are simply gorgeous.
He was a delight to make and all hand sewn, he is a bit wibbly wobbly in places and some of my seams aren't fantastic, but ssshhh, don't tell him will you. Look at that tail, it is soo cute and my favourite part of him. I got the pattern from the Sew Hip magazine, issue 13 if anyone was wondering.

Of course, Littlest Fairy is not too impressed that he is being given away, and to a BOY at that! Can't be happening apparently, so number two has been commissioned. A trip to the charity shop in town, a pale honey coloured fleece has been paid for, washed and is ready to be cut out.

Do you want to see my other purchase...go on, you may as well, cos I am going to show it to you anyway. How pretty is this?

I handed over £1, yay! One whole pound. Got it home, opened it up and found this cutey inside...bonus!!


Perfect condition, no scuffs or marks and I can't believe that it is mine all mine. Items like this just don't appear for me normally, so it was obviously my lucky day, yipppeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dev XX

7 comments:

Just Be Happy said...

Douglas is too cute, I love him!!!

Marigold Jam said...

Love that doggie! He's so cute. That was a good bargain too the bag and matching purse wasn't it?

Alexandra said...

Douglas is wonderful and love the bag and purse xx

melanie said...

Douglas is so cute and perfectly made, well done you! Love your purse, very vintage, gorgeous. xxx

...Nina Nixon... said...

What a cutie all brown and velvety chocolate - yum!

Have a fabulous week Dev,

Nina x

melanie said...

Hiya, take a look at my new blog post, I think you may like what you find. xxx :)

Anonymous said...

Douglas is an absolute charmer, he really made me smile :o)
can't wait to see doggie number 2.