Thursday 15 May 2008

Autumn Mists!

Hi there, well it has been a fuuny sort of day today. Light but persistant rain has fallen for most of the day. The earth smells of that lovely.....well earthy smell! You know that one I mean, sort of fresh and green and fecund. The fields around where I live have been shrouded in mist, and this in turn has muffled most of the usual sounds like the bird song. A silent, damp and slightly chilly world, that not so long ago was Autimn. On my way home from work I picked up a couple of mags. Country Living has to be just about my favourite and this month features a lovely cottage.


On impulse, I also bought a knitting mag and fell in love with this shawl. Not sure that I am clever enough to knit it, but if I did have a go, I would do it in a soft pastel pink.


And finally, to further cheer me up on this dull , silent day, an ebay purchase arrived this morning that is gorgeous to look at and scrummy to smell, being as it is full of lavender.

Dev X

3 comments:

Miss sew n sew said...

My you have been busy posting good to catch up with you!
I love that picture at the top of your blog is that your garden? it looks so magical! I love country living magazine too I bought it yesterday and had a flick through that cottage is gorgeous!
Sarahx

Ragged Roses said...

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog! I've just realised that you are the lovely lady who bought my corsage recently - thank you!! Just seen you mention it on an earlier post, thanks again!! I've really enjoyed visiting your blog, beautiful photos (love the one at the top) and you've just reminded me to go and buy this month's CL.
Kimxxx
When I made cushions I fasten them with whatever I've got, zips, velcro, buttons and if I havent anything I just sew them all together! It's very easy.

Marja Kristiina said...

Hi there! I LOVE rain, especially the soft kind that makes everything smell so good out in the garden. And especially the kind that allows one to sit indoors reading good mags and sipping a nice cup of tea :-)

Wishing you a lovely weekend!